This business produces products that are used worldwide to deliver innovative new healthcare technologies, using the delivery of microwave energy to support the treatment of a range of conditions.
They are looking to appoint a Graduate Electronics Engineer. The role is perfect for an innovative, hands-on self-starter who would like to work as part of a driven and supportive team which designs and manufactures novel medical device products to improve the world around us.
The role would ideally suit a graduate engineer with a practical electronics/software background as there is an opportunity to be involved and gain experience in a wide range of project opportunities including analogue/digital design, embedded software, firmware, PCB layout and test/debug.
Working within an experienced Engineering team, the graduate engineer will develop products across the full product lifecycle - from product concept right through to manufacturing support. The role will include supporting responsibilities within the design of an innovative new medical treatment platform, incorporating specification, design, verification/validation and new product introduction.
As a medical devices company, certified to ISO 13485, accuracy of documentation is essential throughout product design and maintenance. This includes a thorough systems engineering approach to documenting requirements, verification/validation activities, and with consideration of quality and risk management throughout.
The ideal candidate will have an electronics/embedded software engineering graduate with at least project experience and a leaning towards embedded software for microcontrollers, for example through your final year project/dissertation. The focus is very much on embedded software right now so that is much more likely to be pursued, but more general candidates with a strong profile will be considered.
Degree level project experience in practical electronics design, ideally incorporating one or more of embedded software design; analogue/digital design; firmware design.
Attentive and accurate approach in best practice design and design documentation, e.g. following coding standards, design rule checking etc.
Experience of or knowledge of design constraints within the medical devices sector is desirable but not essential
Driving license and ability for infrequent travel, primarily to local CEM partner.
- High standard of communication and written skills required due to the significant level of documentation requirements associated with medical device development.
- Practical programming skills e.g. C#, VHDL. Ideally including experience of code analysis e.g. lint/static analysis or test bench design.
- Experience in use of design simulation tools e.g. Spice, and circuit schematic/layout design tools e.g. Altium designer.
- Familiarity with PC based test software including communications with test equipment, including use of labview/lab windows.
- Confident user of standard electronics test equipment e.g. oscilloscope; DMM; spectrum analyser; logic analyser.
- Demonstrable multi-disciplinary and practical hands-on engineering approach.
- High attention to detail and methodical approach to ensure requirements are comprehensively met.
- Designing, developing and qualifying embedded software within medical device systems and products incorporating advanced microwave technology.
- Support and maintenance of existing products including change management and product updates to meet the latest regulations.
- Carrying out verification and validation activities to agreed schedules, quality and cost.
- Working with suppliers, subcontractors and other engineering disciplines.
- Generating design documentation in compliance with the Company's design control procedures.
- Generating manufacturing documentation in compliance with quality standards.
- Maximising product Design for Assembly and Design for Test.
- Supporting QA investigations relating to processes, manufacturing or customer returns.
- As part of a project team, introduce new products to subcontractor manufacturing sites.
- Generation of manufacturing documentation, including product assembly, test and packaging procedures.
- Ongoing production technical support.
You should be central-Scotland based as the usual place of work is close to Stirling (currently remote due to COVID but expected to be back in at the first opportunity).